The CompMS group promotes the efficient, high quality analysis of mass spectrometry data through dissemination and training in existing approaches and coordination of new, innovative approaches. The CompMS initiative aims to exploit synergies between different application domains, in particular proteomics and metabolomics.
Our mission is to
- build a community of scientists working in computational mass spectrometry,
- integrate experimental and theoretical research, and
- bridge the gap between proteomics, metabolomics, and other MS-driven fields.
It is a joint initiative of the ISCB Community of Special Interest Computational Mass Spectrometry (CoSI CompMS) with the HUPO Computational Mass Spectrometry Initiative (HUPO CompMS) and the Task group "Computational Mass Spectrometry" of the Metabolomics Society.
- Ruedi Aebersold, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Theodore Alexandrov, European Molecular Biology laboratory
- Henning Hermjakob, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK
- Oliver Kohlbacher, University of Tubingen, Germany (chair)
- Steffen Neumann, IPB Halle, Germany
- Shoba Ranganathan, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia (co-chair)
- Olga Vitek, Northeastern University, United States (co-chair)
Get in touch
To add information to this website, contact Olga Vitek.